Subgroup 1 brings members together to advance EGRISS’ capacity development goals with a view to supporting the implementation of the IRRS, IRIS and IROSS. The group’s main objectives include:
- Function as a platform of displacement and statelessness statistics experts or information sharing and coordination on capacity development at global, regional and national level on the IRRS, IRIS and IROSS.
- Map opportunities, existing platforms and interests from EGRISS members to promote capacity development activities to implement the IRRS, the IRIS and the IROSS.
- Promote the implementation of capacity development activities at regional and country level, making use of the methodologies and tools provided by EGRISS.
- Develop and update a tool kit of EGRISS materials for capacity development purposes.
- Reinforce a collaborative approach to improving displacement and statelessness statistics.
In addition to a global workplan, relevant activities are organized through the following regional Task Teams, with their respective focal points: